Design & Art Australia Online’s community is diverse and each sector of the community uses the site for different reasons. Our aim is to provide a flexible system that can respond to those varied needs. Here’s an overview of what this site does:
• Brings together biographical data about Australian artists, designers, craftspeople and curators with information about artworks, event histories and collection details from major cultural institutions and individual researchers.
• Works with data provided by Australia’s leading research and collections institutions to generate information about art and design works, exhibitions and awards.
• Disseminates content nationally and internationally, providing new cohorts of researchers with access to authoritative data on Australia’s cultural heritage.
• Exposes previously unavailable datasets to each other, enabling new questions about Australian art and design to be conceived.
• Exposes cohorts of researchers to each other and enables them to collaborate through group research functionalities.